Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox

Sugar 'N Spice VoxBox
from
Influenster!

I was really excited to get selected to receive Influenster's Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox! All the products in this box were sent to me complimentary for my review and feedback. I was pretty excited with the products that I received and started using them right away!





Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes

I really like using Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes. I will look forward to using these in the summer when my face tends to get oily at times. I like that they are 100% natural and it gently removes oils and impurities. I like the way my skin feels after using them. Witch Hazel is a plant that has healing properties and it is claimed that Native Americans used it in the 16th century as a topical healing solution. So it seems to have some credibility for a few hundred years! I noticed since it is from Witch Hazel that the fragrance of these towelettes are are a little "organic"!



Also I received five $2.00 coupons to share!




Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer

I really love Vaseline's Spray and Go Moisturizer! I was really excited to get this in my Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox! They make reference to use it before getting dressed in the mornings. Myself I prefer to use it at bedtime. The reason why is because its non greasy and won't get on my sheets. The other reason I use it at night is that it has a nice fragrance, but I feel the fragrance would interfere with my perfume during the day. None the less it feels really nice on my skin. I love that it sprays on and it gradually soaks in leaving my skin feeling soft. I have the Total Moisture that is infused with oat extract. It also comes in Aloe Fresh, infused with pure aloe, and Cocoa Radiant, infused with pure cocoa butter. I will definitely be checking out one of these!





belVita Breakfast Biscuits

I have had the belVita Breakfast Biscuits before and really liked them. They are great for a quick breakfast snack on the go for a hurried morning. I got the Cinnamon Brown Sugar this time. The package had 4 pretty good sized biscuits. When I had mine this time I had it with a cup of tea while checking out my Influenster on my iPad. I liked that they are natural. I cracked up at what was printed on the package. It states it has "natural flavor with other natural flavor"! Which to me sounds redundant! The biscuits seem to have done the trick! It's nutritious sustained energy with 19g whole grain per 50g serving.






Nectresse

Nectresse is something that I'm not real thrilled about in my Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox. I'm not a big fan of Nectresse or any other kind of sweetener. It's made by Spenda. It's stated as being natural and made from monk fruit. To me any kind of sweetener besides sugar leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth and I can barely swallow or drink it if put in tea or anything like that. I'm sorry Influenster but I'm not in love with all the products I received, and only because of this particular item. I'm going pass this on to someone who said they would like to try this.






Colgate Optic White Regimen
I was really excited to get Colgate's Optic White Regimen! I have never tried any kind of teeth whitening regimen product before so I was really looking forward to seeing if it does what it states it will do.......brighten teeth in a week!




The first product included in this regimen is their toothbrush. I really love this toothbrush. It's really different from other toothbrushes. Mine is soft bristles and I use this type of toothbrush. I tend to put too much pressure on my teeth with a toothbrush. The bristles on this toothbrush are amazing! The toothbrush is designed to hold toothpaste better and effectively remove surface stains.  It has polishing bristles that help whiten teeth by polishing away stains and clean hard to reach places.  It also has a tongue and cheek cleaner that helps remove odor causing bacteria.  When I first used this tooth brush this feature really irritated my mouth.  It made the insides of my cheeks sore.  I always use the bristles of the toothbrush to clean my tongue.  I really am liking this toothbrush!  It really makes a difference in cleaning and whitening my teeth.  




The toothpaste is really great.  I noticed after using it for a week, along with the mouth wash, that it really did whiten my teeth.  When I stated the regimen I was going to take a before picture of my teeth but I totally spaced it off and didn't get it.  I was really disappointed that I didn't get it to compare a before and after results.  The toothpaste has an exceptionally really cool fresh mint flavor to it compared to normal toothpastes!  It's really refreshing.  You can feel it working on your teeth.  I normally don't use a toothpaste with fluoride in it.  It states it's safe on enamel. I really did like the toothpaste and the effect that it had whitening my teeth in a week!



The mouthwash that was also included in the regimen worked really great.  It was really intense though.  I have never used a mouthwash that was so overwhelming.  It claims that it reaches places that is hard for a toothbrush to get to.  You use it after you brush you teeth and you are suppose to rinse your mouth with it for 60 seconds.  The mouthwash was so strong that I couldn't keep it in my mouth for that long.  When I first used the mouthwash it literally burned my mouth because I had bit the inside of my cheek and it was so sore to rinse.  I built up to the amount of time to rinse, but it was still really hard to do that.  This is a really powerful mouthwash, even so that you have to be extremely careful not to swallow any of it.  Finally I was able to withstand that rinsing.  It bubbles up quite a bit, especially when you spit it out into the sink of running water it really foams up!  But it did the trick along with the toothpaste and did whiten my teeth!



Here is a picture of my teeth after using this regimen.  My teeth will never be the pristine dazzling snow white teeth like I'd love for them to be, but they are definitely whiter than when I started.  I am very happy with the results of this teeth whitening regimen from Colgate! 


No comments:

Post a Comment