Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Taking the Full Advantage of Birchbox!!

Lately over the past couple of months there has been a lot of disappointed subscribers with Birchbox.  Some are saying that the sample boxes are lacking, they didn't feel like they got their money's worth or that it just wasn't up to par.  But this is my take on the whole Birchbox subscription.

First of all you only pay $10 per month for your Birchbox!  A lot of times you receive at least one full size sample.  A lot of times this full size sample pays for the box itself.  A lot of times people get foil packets, protein bars, or earbuds.  People have to remember that this is a lifestyle box...not necessarily a beauty box.  How I have seen Birchbox, and a lot of the other monthly subscriptions, is that it has opened my eyes to a lot of products out there that I didn't know about.  So now when I see something....I'll know what it is and I'll know how I came to be familiar with it!

Secondly I bet that the majority of people who subscribe to Birchbox don't use the subscription to it's full potential.  I do and I have been really happy with it.  And what I mean by not using it to it's full potential is that every month when you get your Birchbox you can go onto their website and do product reviews.  You basically do 5 reviews per month.  With the reviews you get 10 points per sample and each 10 points equals $1.00.  Ok so if you do 5 product reviews each month, you are basically getting $5 that will go toward anything that Birchbox has in their shop!  This is actually awesome!!  You get half the price of your box back toward purchasing products in their online store!!

So I had a total of 400 points which equals $40!  I then went online to their store and purchased 2 Eyeko eyeliners ($15 each) and Juicy Couture Rollerball Duo: Viva La Juicy La Fluer and Viva La Juicy ($25).  

They had offered the Eyeko eyeliner a while back in the summer in a Birchbox, but I didn't get it in mine.  I heard many great reviews about this eyeliner, so I went online to Birchbox's store and bought two....at that time they didn't have the selection as they do now.  I got an olive and a turquoise color.  The olive I use quite a bit, it's subtle.  The turquoise I plan on wearing for an added pop of color to my eyes for like spring and summer.  This time when I went online to check them out I purchased black and purple.  The purple is quite close to black....but I love love LOVE this eyeliner.  The precision pen tip allows you to control the thickness of the line and it goes on so smooth!  It also has a fade proof formula that makes the eyeliner last and last.


The second thing that I decided to get was the Juicy Couture Rollerball Duo: Viva La Juicy La Fluer and Viva La Juicy.  I originally was going to use my $40 points money toward a full size perfume of either Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fluer or the Viva La Juicy.  I was reading reviews, smelling samples, getting confused and couldn't make my mind up on what to get.  The price was about $69/$70 for either. I saw this rollerball duo and instantly knew that this would be the solution to my dilemma on making a choice!  I didn't have to choose and got both fragrances.  So a great way to get both without spending a lot of money.  It was only $25 for the rollerball duo!  And what I love about rollerballs you can just throw them in your purse to use for a quick splash of fragrance.


But wait!!!!  Stay tuned.  I have ordered one more thing through Birchbox that I'm really excited to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment